The Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with Baker McKenzie, is organizing a webinar focused on “Foreign subsidies regulations for doing business with China”. This webinar will take place on 5 December 2023 at 10 am CET.
On 12 July 2023 the EU Regulation 2022/2560 on foreign subsidies distorting the internal market (the "EU FSR") came into force. This provides the European Commission with broad investigative powers to assess any distortion of the internal market caused by subsidies granted by non-EU Member States to any company active in the EU internal market. As from 12 October 2023, certain large concentrations and participation in large public procurement procedures in the EU will be subject to mandatory suspensive notification to the European Commission for prior approval.
• During the webinar on 5 December 2023 we will give presentations on:
• How the new EU FSR may impact doing business in Belgium and the EU;
• The key concepts you need to know to understand the EU FSR;
• Which concentrations and public procurement procedures will be caught by the notification requirements; and
• How companies can prepare for the EU FSR.
The programme is as follows:
10h00-10h05 Introduction, by Ms Gwenn Sonck, Executive Director, Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce
10h05-10h45 Presentation: Foreign Subsidies Regulations for doing business with China by Mr Bram Hoorelbeke, Counsel, EU Competition and Regulatory Affairs Practice, Baker McKenzie
10h45-11h00: Q&A Session
Date and time: December 5 2023, 10h00 CET
Price for Members: Free
Price for Non-members: Free